I have heard soooo many references to the Victorian era on American Television. At first I thought that it was the most popular of all eras!! Or may be the writers of American entertainment are terribly prejudiced(pun intended)and have literally overused pointers to this era!
Talks about the Victorian house, music, romance stories made me real curious.
Turns out, it was a time associated with the second English Renaissance. Contrarily, it was also a time when 'prudishness' was in vogue! Surprisingly enough, "my beloved" Bombay's main train terminal was named after the same Queen Victoria who reined England in the late 1800s to early 1900s! This age gave birth to artists and thinkers who made their mark in history. Lastly, from what I have read, the term 'my love' was coined somewhere around this period...another cheesy & corny term, I grudgingly like! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
good -- you have made it clear to me by the word victorian -- i also had a vague idea
Post a Comment