I follow De's blog with zeal...not only for the way she writes... cause I like her little anecdotes and mini-travelogues. I LOVE traveling and her accounts talk of things a 'tourist' would probably miss!
Her recent post talks about this picture at a Wierzynek restaurant (I have to assume in Poland). It is an extremely witty picture that has substituted the last supper with 10 celebrities from around the globe... who would have NEVER been able to have any kind of meal together...merely cause they did not live in the same times!
I can spot Shakespeare, Monroe, Picasso and Einstein. Apart from these, Mrs. De identified Napoleon, Chaplin and Mozart.
I found this really cool! Mrs. De had this idea of coming up with more names who could take their places.So here goes.. following is my list:
- Bernard Shaw & Tagore,(for their engaging pieces of work)
- Vallabhai Patel, Mandela, Martin Luther King (For their astounding vision, courage and initiatives.)
- Indira Gandhi (was before my time..but texts on her never fail to impress me!)
- Cleopatra (For everything from her rumored beauty and love affair to her tactics..!)
- Alexander Flemming (for his penicillin and his contribution to medicine)
- Alexander Graham Bell (without whom all the teenagers... {me 2} would be lost!)
- Steven Spielberg (For his amazing talent and creativity)
- MJ (the king of pop indeed)
- and last and highest on my list Dr. Sumati Bhagwat (my grandmum: the only person I know who could have supper with them and manage to engage each of them in intriguing dialogues!)
Go on... list your top 12 (no one takes Jesus's place... I guess thats why the window is for! he's watching!!)!! I dont want to attribute this to the "TAG virus" as it spells coercion for me! But... I am really intrigued to know who would feature on Zillionbig's, Aparna's, Ramesh's and Anu bhabhi's list!

10 comments:
Thinking of blogging about this one too! Am not a big De fan, but I follow her blog nonetheless :) Nice guest list
@ Merlin: Thanks for visiting! Do come back soon again! (I believe the Guju phrase 'Aaujo" is perfect here!)
Hey, the first one from RIGHT is Napoleon. Person on right side of Monroe in white pullover is Chaplin, and the left side of her is Mozart.
My list would be
# Dostoyevsky: I am amazed by his philosophies of existentialism...
#Mahatma Gandhi
# Abraham Lincoln
#Da vinci
# Graham bell
#Satyajit Ray
#Tagore: he is and will be the greatest Indian Literary figure...
#Ingrid Bergman: i still have a criush on her, though she would be my great grandmothers age if alive)
#Jim Morrison: The ultimate rock star.
i didnt notice, you mention graham bell....in that case Alfred Nobel..:)
hey i pass the baton to my good friend zillionbig on this tricky assignment.hey my friend zillion, where r u dear? take over..haha byee
Wow... This post is really the best one..!! Different from the rest..!! :) ..The best part about it is, you included Mrs. Sumati Bhawat...!! :) She truely deserves to dine with such great people!!
poorvaaajii..hiiii..hey..thanks for your comment
Oh wow! what totally cool idea! And I really loved your list!!!(Btw, Would MJ have been included in the list, had he not passed away?)And the best bit was adding your gradmum's name to the list..awesome!
thanks P 4 passsing by..and happy friendship day...cheers
Post a Comment