I have always admired strong, independent women who have the tenacity to live life on their own terms. Something about their way of life defines who they are. My grandmother is one such women and if I begin to talk about her, I would probably need an additional blog to compose my thoughts and feelings for her. So for now, it should suffice when I say that she IS my role model....someone I revere and am fervently proud of!
I have come across certain others similar to her but in a completely different league. {As far as I am concerned, nobody can compare to muh granny... just trying to reiterate my loyalties!!} One such person is Konkona Sen Sharma. I did like her in some of her films that I saw but it wasn’t until I saw her on Koffee with Karan... did I consider her to be someone out of the ordinary.I mean to be honest, she is everything but a star... she is a perfectly ordinary next door girl! So what about her made my eye-brows shoot up and made me throw my head back and laugh aloud at the same time?
To begin with her dress-choice stands out literally like a sore thumb.... after all the rest on the guest list {Of Koffee with Karan} wore shocking pink miniskirts to....see-through sarees and blouses’ and gowns with plunging necklines! But then gradually the simplicity of her cotton saree begins to make sense and you learn to appreciate it! By the time this happens, she has you engrossed in her very opinated conversations! She is honest and portrays the courage to live life on her own terms. The conversations suddenly get serious (and almost have me fast forward as I don’t really want to hear serious discussions on mainstream cinema) when she has me laughing for being outright honest about something that has been staring at me in my face from the beginning! All in all Konkona is rather a graceful,witty woman who can hold your interest in a conversation because she has something worthwhile to add, instead of the mundane jabber and annoying giggles that (seemingly) involuntarily escape the other actresses!

No comments:
Post a Comment