And then I see the trailer...... A high school girl frozen in a crouched position next to a tomato red truck as she watches a speeding blue van in horror. She is almost crushed by the imminent impact... when a strangely pale boy appears from nowhere and stops the car with his bare hands! His hands cause a big dent in the other car and saves their lives! This trailer intrigued me and I decided to watch this fiction online. The movie was sooo endearing.....each part of it is directed superbly. The director even managed to incorporate the front page of the book...which I thought was real witty! For those who have not read the book, its the scene in the cafeteria where Edward (Robert Pattinson) catches an apple in his hand as it bounces off the floor!
For me it shows when the director and the editor are not British... the British scenes seem abrupt to me most of the time as though the editing was very crudely done.More than the acting I was enthralled by the story. When discussing the movie with a close friend, she enlightened me to the fact that the movie was in fact made from a book which was a part of twilight saga! That was all I needed to hear! I spent the rest of the afternoon, hunting the ebook and ordered the remaining books online! Reading the books is sheer pleasure.
Each book has been titled aptly! The first one "Twilight" is the beginning of the saga as it dexterously defines the characters and weaves an astonishing story. The 2nd one "New Moon" has a subtle hint hidden in the title as it simultaneously implies the introduction of another main lead! The 3rd "Eclipse" intentionally hints at the distancing between Bella and the new character of the second book. While the last one "New Dawn clearly points at the new life of the lovelorn couple!
Twilight is essentially a love story between two star crossed lovers. A vampire Edward Cullen and a human Bella who are irrevocably drawn to each other. This story redefines unconditional love that the reader shares as they finish the series. It’s a very simple story that has the even the most practical, unromantic person go “awwww”! Honestly I am not a sucker for romantic stories. For a novel to hold my unwavering attention, I need it to be fast-paced which usually is in the case of fiction or thrillers even, but not romance. So take it from a (at the risk of sounding cheesy) “human” with limited paitience, the twilight saga is not one among the mushy romances which bore you to death with their raunchy musings! Infact my mind drew analogies to the movie “qayamat se qayamat tak”! Both are simple love stories that reverberate
innocence.... however with (thankfully ) very different endings! Twilight is a fast paced love story of two most unlikely beings that keep you glued to the book. And this feeling does not end with the first book. You are compelled to run to the store and pick the next one in the series to know how their story unfolds. Sometimes I was left wondering if such selfless behavior resembles any individual in reality.... but then my stubborn mind asked my practical side to shut up and share their magic.
The second book new moon almost had me weeping as the immortal vampire leaves our vulnerable human to keep her safe. I couldn’t bare to read as the author narrated the human’s anguish as she struggles to forget her love! This is where Stephanie’s second male lead is brought into focus. This character becomes Bella’s best friend... almost her confidant! By the time the second book is wrapped up, the vampire with his unconditional love has earned himself a very real image by acting like all the other male "humans" that populate today’s world!
The last book is the best of all, as Bella and her Edward get married and yearn to start their new picture perfect life....but like all of the rest of us...... their love story is marred by a number of struggles and hardships which have the reader feverishly turning the pages until the happily ever after end! I have been very of careful not revealing any twists in the books as I really want everyone else to enjoy them as I did! Ofcourse telling you people about the happy ending is no secret... I HATE movies/books with unhappy endings and make it point not to watch/read such innovations! Also, telling you about their marriage is not giving away the surprise either... it says so on the back cover of the book! Also... believe me... their getting married is not the main crux... there is sooo much more in the story that you have to read on!
Also, I want to confess......I cheated... could not stand the suspense (of the last one) or the anguish (of the 2nd one)....so turned pages and read the ending first... it spoiled the book for me a little...but what to do! I read all the 4 in a week...so that must tell you how hard I tried not to look to the ending first..before sccumbing to my curiosity! All in all..... inspite of being guilty of an biased person in the extreme, I strongly urge you to read the first book atleast! I have the ebook and so if anyone wants a copy just shoot me an email and I will send it to you!! Hope you guys do read it and share my excitement!


1 comment:
Great work !!
I happened to learn of all the hype that was for the movie! and then I decided to read the book first..Even though all of these saga books are termed as "teen love stories" I loved the way the intensity and passion has been so well crafted in them...Just got me hooked on to them even in the middle of my Thesis stuff!! ;)
I am really looking forward to reading the last two..!!!
Post a Comment