Okay... I agree that this financial predicament that has held the nation at the jugular is mighty intimidating.... but there are other important things too..... Sadly which we have forgotten.... yet again! I am talking about our environment!
Yes... Mother nature। Why.... oh why do we always wait till the last minute.... until some tragedy strikes to awaken us from our stupor? It was the same with this current situation.... I am no expert in finance... but I believe (from what I have read or heard)...that the very concept of “credit” and “war” is why we are here in the first place! And it took multiple corporations declaring bankruptcy to get us to our senses!
Coming back to my issue, just before all this mess started, environmental awareness was finally gaining the focus it deserved. People were unnerved to hear about the hole in the ozone blanket and the concerns about climate change! But now with the economic crisis causing a hole in most people’s pockets, we seemed to have refocused our attention on other immediate concerns!
Simple steps is all it takes to care about our environment. Some pointers:
Recycle anything you can - cans, paper
Use colored newspaper as a substitute for wrapping ones
Turn off the tap when not needed... same goes for lights and your car!
। I try and do my bit by using cloth bags instead of using the plastic bags at Kroger... unfortunately, I realized this too late and have a huge pile of plastic bags cluttering my closet, ready to choke the environment when it finally goes to the landfill! Why doesn’t everyone use stop using the plastic bags?? And why haven’t the plastic ones been banned already? They were banned in Mumbai when I left 3 years ago...! That didn’t stop people from using them, but it reduced the percentage of people using it atleast! I sincerely hope to God that more and more come to their senses and do their bit for the environment, and not wait for another major crises to wake them up!
Add your idea in the comments list!
So everyone.... fall in love with NATURE this valentine’s day and do your bit.... even its just car pooling or tree planting or switching to cloth/paper bags। This is your earth too.... help me take care of it! :)

1 comment:
A topic very dear to my heart.. :)
Even doing simple things like sorting out your trash into plastic, paper, glass, and non-degradable can make recycling a lot easier!!
In India the 'raddiwaalas' take care of all our paper waste and the 'bhangaarwaalis' take care of the other disposable stuff from clothes to glass bottles to tin cans and what not! Here you have recycling agencies...(and sum voluntary too!!) to take care of it all...All you need to do is just call them and they will come to pick it up right from your doorstep - How convenient & Helpful!!!
..and such small steps can turn into giant ones in "Going Greener"
Post a Comment