This is my second "I hate something something" post. As a rule, I try not to vent out my frustration on this cyber space. Everyone has their own customized set of exasperations and I am actively trying not to add to it! But somethings just slip! So kindly pardon my ranting!
What is it with the world of sports? I know there are big bucks in it and all but what fun is there in watching someone else do it all? I do not mind watching these things occasionally but almost everyday? I am getting really tired of this basketball season. And I learned only just now that this season reoccurs every year... unlike the Olympics or world cups! Seriously wasn't tennis & cricket bad enough? Sigh! I was sorely disappointed... I was enduring this season and my only solace was the thought that the NBA would leave my world alone for the next 4 years! Now that this solace has been rudely taken away from me... I am left fuming... feel almost betrayed!
And after days of huffing and scowling, I gave up and joined the enemy. Now I don't detest the game... and it is more like a low throbbing pain that I can learn to live with! Currently, I can identify some of the stars and even sneak a peek when Kobe Bryant is playing or when Pierce and Lebron lock horns with each other. At this rate, this time next year, you might even find me at the bar cheering them on! Sigh... there goes my individuality!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
humm, did you watch the IPL? I have no clue about the basket ball season, i guess its boring.:)
naah! thank God it doesn't show on our regular cable channels here! Cricket i find is worse unless india-pak are playing!
Poo!!!
I love this one...and u know why! Its like a mirror reflecting my thoughts...(only I haven't succumbed to it yet!)
And I'm forwarding this link to u-know-who to get his point of view... ;) Maybe he'll like the end part, the best! Aaaahhhh...
Love,
A
Whoa babes!
the world was not created according to our aspirations; so no point crying over those games & their fans; I Do see your point of living a second hand life but then as u rightly thought.. if u can't beat them... ahem...join them!
mum
Post a Comment