Thursday, December 11, 2008

Romeo and Juliet with the happily ever after tag!























I believe that the best thing anyone can offer is “love”...... that is unadulterated, unchecked and immeasurable! Someone wise once said (Rather quoted in some cheesy book that I had read) that it was the only way to love someone completely.... you might get hurt but it was worth the risk! A hindi movie quoted on similar lines that.... every person should fall in love atleast once in their lifetime... as love makes one a truly wonderful being! I find it Funny... that books and movies still stick to their Neanderthal teachings inspite of tragic episodes of “Romeo and Juliet”! One might think that even the authors and script writers learn from the past and try to evolve.... but guess there always are exceptions.

Do not get me wrong I DO believe in the unconditionality clause of love but also wonder.... isn’t it high time we as human beings do something for our evolution? Is it enough that we can know walk erect and have learned to use our “opposable thumbs”?

Yes... such ancient thought processes annoy me.... I mean I still am a romantic person who adores gifts and the other things that come with the package.. but my brain craves for some things other than rotting in a relationship and losing your identity in that process!

Hence I am particularly happy when I come across a conceptually modern love story... like for example “Socha Na Tha”. I rediscovered this romantic comedy. It is fun and sweet and not to intense. That’s the recipe to not only a good movie but also to a healthy relationship! When I saw Abhay Deol and Ayesha Takia... I wished Romeo and Juliet had run away too... the scene on the balcony where she (A. Takia) waits for him is what prompted me to draw similarities between the two stories. That’s why I like to refer to Socha Na Tha as today’s Romeo and Juliet with a happily ever after tag! That’s how its supposed to be right??... that’s what our first books (fairy tales) told us to expect from life.... struggle to achieve whats most important in life such that you can live happily ever after... after that!!

No comments: