Saturday, September 27, 2008

फैथ फैथ Faith

These days I work from home…which translates to a flexible work day that swivels as per my whims & fancies. My whims include reading books & cooking while my latest fancy is writing! The main reason for this… was that my work had come to a standstill. Initially, in a vain attempt to subdue boredom I did what came naturally to me….watch as many hindi movies as possible. Very soon movie viewing got old and I started losing interest..yet again! That’s when I went I started jotting down some of my random thoughts!

Recently I have got addicted to this soap ELI STONE…its about this guy who is detected with aneurism….he starts seeing things…that are actually not happening… somethings close to hallucinations though not quite….

Apparently he is being shown “the path”…sometimes the future by someone “worldly”! He believes that God is staging these things in his mind so that he can follow the path to help people. It starts with appearance of George Michael on his coffee table singing …”You gotta have FAITH FAITH FAITH”! I think the reason I loved this series…was I always thought God was helping me in his way…for eg. Many times when I am sad and if I happen to turn on the radio…my fav song is playing which makes me feel much better! Another eg. Me calling a friend on a whim and her telling me that she was thinking of me and needed to talk to me…! However tiny these things seem…I truly believed that a larger power was at work to help me through the day…

I had forgotten all about this greater power at work stuff for sometime…untill I watched the first episode of Eli Stone! Now I have again started believing in it….! I think this is true for everyone…some larger power is undoubtedly trying to make this world a better place for us…we just need to slow down and let them help us!

No comments: