Monday, October 19, 2015

My sweetest four legged friend

My soul sister's little pup visited us this weekend. I have always loved dogs, but after almost being attacked by a German shepherd as a little girl, I am a bit wary of them!

So with a wee bit of apprehension I prepared for the arrival of little Oreo! He not only remembered us, from our last meetings, but also recognized our place instantly. I could feel the excitement as he dragged his beloved A&A, scampering towards us. I instinctively ducked for cover behind our apartment door! Oreo ofcourse mistook that for a game and came charging in, happy to play what I am sure he thought was doggie version of hide and seek! :)

We watched "Max" together, and that's when we saw Oreo's compassionate side. It was so endearing to watch him whine when Max grieved his handler's passing. He whined in concern, perhaps sharing his pain! I spent the evening, watching Oreo's reaction to the movie, which was far more fascinating. Its unfathomable, the depths of how much they feel and connect with us humans. So much kindness, so much trust and unquestioning loyalty, never fails to touch me.

The two days just whizzed past us and he kept our energy high.  He relaxed in the back seat for most of the drive, lounging on his travel mattress! Yes, our Oreo does travel in style!

The morning the trio left, we left too, not wanting to miss him so much! Oreo really is like a child, full of life, love and ofcourse energy! :)

Miss you, little cookie!

No comments: