I have been groom hunting. When people ask me what your
expectations are, I draw a blank. Not because I am hapless person who is cluelessly
drifting her way across life, but because people never cease to surprise (or
shock) me. And so a checklist of expectations seems foolhardy at this point.
I consider myself to be an easy going and a rather tolerant
person who insists on believing that every person has a right to lead their own
life, and a right to have their own perspective. I do not judge, not unless you
intentionally plan to hurt someone... that just makes you cruel.
So when someone asks me what my expectations are, I rack my
brains for a fitting reply. Normally, I would have come up with a logical
sequence of things, but in this matter, I am bewildered.
1. 1. Would you be ok with a business family I was
once asked. My reply was ofcourse, would they let me work? Ofcourse you can work
was the retort.
2.
2. 2. Would you mind if the guy was not as educated as
you, (rack rack rack..)? I responded that I will continue to educate myself and
enhance my knowledge, somebody has to earn a living, so yes ofcourse , his
educational background has no bearing, provided he understands and respects me.
I don’t think there is any point in telling you all what a disastrous
encounter my these two viewpoints managed to create. This particular guy asked me how
come I was so confident of myself (why shouldn’t I be?) and if that “overconfidence
will turn me so that I will rule him” Rest is best left unsaid.
There were a million other uncouth questions that I rather
not broach on this cyber space. An arranged marriage has its merits I have
heard. I am choosing to keep my faith in them and….(For my Star Trek fellow fans…… ) “To bravely go where I have not gone before!!!
“

No comments:
Post a Comment