Friday, June 25, 2010

The Best of the Nineties!

In 1999, I graduated with a SSC degree! It was a wonderful year, and I LOVED every second of my tenth grade... being seniors, on the verge of stepping into the adult world and to say nothing about the summer vacation I had to look forward to! Despite my best intentions, those memories faded away to be replaced by exciting things life brought to me in my undergraduate years. This wasn’t surprising considering that some of the best moments of my life happened in 2001! I turned 18 and learnt to drive, could vote, received my first cell phone (was uncommon back then), had another fabulous holiday! So you can only imagine how and why my grey cells recycled the ‘carefree moments’ of my childhood and adolescence and replaced them with these ‘exciting, novel’ experiences! As time passed, and the pressures of adulthood proved tedious, my brain metamorphosed and released those precious memories of my past again!
This week, I met an old friend after a long time that revived some more of those old memories.... when I did not have a justifiable worry in the world, when life was simpler, when summer vacations existed and so did the concept of pocket money!
And as I sat in the bus thinking of those days of uniforms, scary test papers, school bells, lunch breaks, dabbas, awful canvass shoes, geometry sets... I felt like I was 12 again and when the bus reached the stop... I found myself skipping all the way to work humming to my radio!

2 comments:

arvind said...

ho.. its so nice..
to rewind things..

Gayatri Ramamurthi said...

next post please .. :).