What springs to your mind when it reads the words Iron Man 2?? For those of you who have seen its precursor.. Robert Downey’s face lights up the memory as he smiles rather smugly before flying off into the sky in a red metallic suit! For others...picture forms of a lumbering crude metal robot that is neither agile nor intellectually capable of doing anything but swing Neanderthal weapons around. For the latter group... I kind of envy you guys because you will enter the cinema hall with a blank slate and be genuinely surprised and equally impressed with a sleek machine and a radiant heart that swoons in and transforms to a charismatic and ostentatious billionaire Tony Stark.
Stark, a prodigy whose lineage boasts of innovations in weaponry developed the concept of a single fighter man with flying prowess, an impenetrable shield and other innumerable assets to protect America and her interests against threats both foreign and domestic. Stark actually makes the perfect poster boy to "glamorize" the otherwise dorky research world!
Seething with arrogance and complacency Stark went around what he thought were his last days attempting to live his life to the fullest when his vacation was cut short by a savage beast wearing a suit very similar to the one Stark created.
The audience gets a glimpse of the self assured man’s vulnerabilities and proof of that he did care inspite of portraying a devil may care attitude. From then on the movie takes on a full throttle and action scenes and special effects take the front seat for the rest of the adrenaline shot ride.
I walked out of the theatre smiling and completely high on adrenaline that raced through my veins temporarily deceiving me to believe that I too could swivel around and kick some ass! The icy cold wind rudely knocked my sense back to place as I scrambled back to the car with the smile intact on my face!
Go watch it my friends!


3 comments:
I am no gay, in fact i feel iam homophobic, but i must confess if i were a gay i would have loved Robert Downey Jr the way gayz do......................I just love him....My fav now, so i will go see this movie.TC
Was wondering whether I should venture into this. After reading your review, I will have to.
@ SSC: I did leave out the part where it gets a little "unreal" when the writer had a momentary lapse in judgment and felt that his audience was full of 10 year olds alone! :)
If you can manage to look past that.. its a smooth ride
Post a Comment